Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers. If you have a question about our products check here to see if your question has been asked (and answered) previously. It can really save time!
1) What is the warranty on ISC products?
Please view our warranty page here.
2) What is your return policy on ISC products?
Any returns for an exchange or refund will be allowed within 7 days from the receipt of your order and must be authorized prior to shipping. All authorized returned merchandise must be unused and in its original saleable packaging. No returns or exchanges on opened, installed, or merchandise that has been used will be allowed. No returns or exchanges on electronics or special order items. A special order item is any item that is not normally stocked. Returns must be sent freight prepaid and insured by the customer. Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Contact us for a Return Authorization Number prior to shipping any return. Your return must have our RA Number or it will be refused. There is a 35% restocking fee on all returns and canceled orders. Your authorized return must include a copy of your invoice for proper credit.
3) How do I order ISC Coilovers and specialty performance coilover parts?
You can order your coilover kit right here from the website, or from one of our authorized dealers. We take all major credit cards, as well as PayPal.
4) What auto makes and models do you offer coilover kits for?
We offer coilover kits for over a dozen automakers including: BMW, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, & more! Check the vehicle application guide for model-specific fitments.
5) What is the adjustment range with these coilovers?
We offer the best coilover for the money hands down! Each coilover features 32-way adjustable damping, adjustable camber, and adjustable height ( about a 3″ range) and still sell for way under $1500., hundreds less than the competition! For more information, check out the product specs or send us an email.
6) Is this the best coilover for my car?
If you are looking for an affordable coilover that is packed with features like 32-way adjustable dampening, pillowball upper mounts, adjustable camber and height, then the answer is yes. Our coilovers are great applications for comfort driving, street driving, or track use. Our ISC N1 adjustable coilover is capable of handling some of the most aggressive driving, and will greatly improve the handling of your vehicle.
7) Can stock ride height be achieved with these coilovers?
For those of you who use your vehicle as a daily driver, and face harsh winters or road conditions, the answer for McPherson strut types is yes! These adjustable coilovers can achieve stock ride height, or be slammed down to 3″ lower for an aggressive stance, the choice is yours. The ISC N1 coilover comes with all the needed tools to adjust your ride height and stance to lower or raise your car. For non McPherson strut types please check with us prior to purchase if stock ride height is something you desire.
8) Custom spring rates are available for no additional charge, which one is right for me?
Only you can decide this, but we are more than happy to help make your decision on which custom spring rate you would like. We offer our customers custom spring rates and valving at no additional charge. We also have some semi custom valving options available for coilovers, including street comfort, street sport, and track race. ISC Suspension also offers swift springs as an upgrade option. Please call if interested in swifts.
9) Where can I get my ISC products installed?
Most any performance or mechanical shop should be capable of installing these coilovers for you. ISC Suspension systems can also be installed at any of our listed dealers as well and we encourage this! We do encourage you to have these coilovers professionally installed if you have never done something of this nature. We are not responsible for damges caused by improper installation.
10) Will these coilovers still be under warranty if I purchase them from a dealer? How about used from another person?
If you purchase a set of these coilovers from one of our many dealers you will be covered. Check out the dealer page for our current dealer listings. If you buy our ISC coilovers used from a third party they will not be covered under our warranty.
11) I am looking for a suspension/ coilover sponsor, would ISC Suspension support our team?
Please send all sponsorship requests and your resume to email@example.com for review. Allen deals with all media related tasks. We are always looking to push our coilover products to the limit whether it is autoX, road racing, or drifting!
12) What makes ISC Suspension better than other brands?
ISC Suspension North America has some of the best customer service in the coilover industry. All stock, service, installations and warranty work is done in our New Hampshire facility, in house! There will be no down time shipping overseas like those other brands. We offer a very affordable coilover package for almost any make vehicle which can greatly improve your handling abilities.
13) What is this Dollar amount on my box that came from your factory?
This dollar amount deals with insurance and has nothing to do with your product’s value.
14) I hear a clunking coming from my coilovers when I drive them on the street, what could it be?
Welcome to the world of coilovers; a more complex strut with components designed to be adjustable which in return can cause noise if/when things get loose. Noise can happen from time to time whether it is a 500.00 or 5,000.00 coilover. Sounds are often caused my some part of the coilover becoming loose over time.
Things to Check:
1) Top 19mm Nut: This top 19mm nut secures the shaft to the top plate/ pillowball configuration. Over time it may become loose and cause a clunk when going over bumps due to play. How do you fix this? 1) Take a 19mm wrench and place it onto the 19mm nut. 2) Hold a 5mm allen key tool in the actual shaft of the coilover (make sure to unscrew the little dampening clicker on the top of the strut and place it to the side). 3) While holding the shaft still with the 5mm allen key turn the 19mm wrench clockwise; this will tighten the 19mm nut and mate the shaft/pillowball assembly tight. This can be done in about 30 seconds per strut, while it is installed on the vehicle.4) Put the damping clicker back on. For a more detailed video see here.
2) Check your adjustments: If your preload is incorrect you will get noise, make sure it is to spec (check preload adjustment article above).
3) Check all other Parts: double check your collars, mounts and anything that can become loose.